Precision Guided Missiles (PGM)
- The procurement of PGM is being made as part of the government’s efforts to bolster operational capability of the armed forces considering the evolving security situation in the region.
- Apart from procuring an initiation has been taken as a part of make in India , OIS Advanced Technology (OIS-AT) of India is partnering with Sagem of France to manufacture the munitions locally for the Indian Air Force.
Net Centric OperationsThe Indian Navy has been taking rapid steps to seamlessly integrate all combat platforms and terrestrial nodes through state-of-the art communications and space systems towards network centric operations.
Anti-satellite weapons"To neutralize hostile satellites in low earth and polar orbits”.
- Artificial intelligence (AI) is the intelligence exhibited by machines or software.
- Future aim is to "make India a significant power in AI, in terms of both offensive and defensive needs, especially in aviation, naval, land systems, cyber, nuclear and biological warfare arenas."
Direct Energy Weapons(DEW)The future weapon system that is likely to change the course of war is the Directed Energy Weapon (DEW), which is created on electromagnetic pulse effects, in addition to a variety of other means, without a nuclear blast
- Automatically identifies and targets the threat within that search area.
- Sends data back to its home base, where the information is verified by the human operator.